Lanna's Talynbourg Research
Lanna slinks her way up to the bar in that way she does and quickly finds herself surrounded by a group of swarthy, drunken men, all vying to impress her the most. She learns that King Lytanias was murdered by his younger son Steponas last winter and that Steponas has since disappeared. The King’s older son, Tornas has assumed the throne as is his birthright, but there are supporters of Steponas, repeatedly referred to as the Kinslayer, said to be hiding in the hills.She also picks up several snatches of rumors including the following:
- Steponas killed his dad after making a deal with a demon.
- The Blight is a curse placed on the land because of the King’s Murder, now being called the Kinslayer’s Curse.
- Steponas fled the country after an argument with his father. He actually had his men do the dirty work.
- The members of the Royal Guard who didn’t flee like cowards were given the choice of swearing an oath to Tornas, or falling on their swords.
- The Kinslayer is using the Blight to raise an army of undead.
- The Kinslayer is in league with the monstrous tribes of the Red Wind Wastes.